- Standard beams include axial, bending and torsional stiffness. These also support nonlinear axial stress/strain behaviour and nonlinear moment/curvature
- Truss elements are used as tension/compression members. These also
support nonlinear stress/strain behaviour.
- Cutoff bars are used as truss elements, where the axial force must remain within specified limits. These facilitate the modelling of tension-only or compression-only
- Point contacts are used for node-to-node contact nonlinearity and may include friction.
- Springs and dampers model a spring in parallel with a discrete damper.
- Cable elements based on the catenary formulation. These may have a free length that is different from the distance
between the end nodes.
- Connection elements allow you to specify elastic or plastic connections between nodes.
- User-defined beams allow advanced users to specify the element's behaviour
by entering a stiffness matrix directly.