As many of our users would be aware, our recent development efforts have been focused on a completely new version of Strand7 - this is known as Strand7 Release 3 (Strand7 R3).|
Strand7 R3 is a major new software development. It builds on the rich feature set of previous Strand7 releases and offers many significant new capabilities and enhancements - these will benefit all users, irrespective of engineering discipline. Three features that you will notice immediately are:
Since mid-2016 Strand7 R3 has been in a pre-beta test phase with a small number of users. Now we are offering all our supported users the opportunity to see a preview of R3 for themselves, ahead of the upcoming beta release. If you are a supported Strand7 R24 user interested in experiencing Strand7 R3 and providing us some feedback, just send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- A new cleaner graphical user interface (GUI) that is easier to use and faster to navigate.
- A new high-performance graphics engine built on DirectX, which provides a major boost in rendering throughput and display quality, including the rendering of solid geometry.
- A new 64-bit architecture throughout - GUI, Solvers and API; this gives Strand7 access to all the RAM on your computer, allows you to generate result files of any size, and provides a significant increase in solver performance for large models.
To run Strand7 R3 you will need:
- 64-bit Windows (7, 8 or 10).
- A graphics card capable of supporting DirectX 11.1 or above.